Tuesday 6 July 2010

Yume Sushi & Teppanyaki bar @ Chadstone Shopping Centre


I would say that 9 out of 10 weekends, the Boy and I are in Chadstone... it's because it is so near and so convenient (and also the fact that we have nowhere else interesting to go to)... we are there


So on the weekend, we decided to give Yume Sushi a try (located in front of Angus and Robertson's bookstore)


Another reason for trying Yume was that we had an Entertainment Book coupon for 20% off the total bill (with a max of $25)... so that was a good incentive!

Sadly, the good incentives ends there... in terms of Japanese cuisine, this is a FAIL.

I ordered the crumbed katsu (pork) bento box which was around $12.90 (I think)

Extremely dry, it needed to have a good sauce with it...


The Boy ordered a simple Chicken fried Soba $9.80 (I think)... and that was alright... Tasted like a normal stir-fry noodle to me, nothing special...

(For some odd reason, this picture won't be the right way up!)

However, I probably ordered the wrong dish (what good Jap place does a bad bento?)... I shall try their "special" the next time I'm there... their teppanyaki sets looked good ... (next year's coupon then)...

We also ordered two hot green tea's ($2.40) which never arrived and I had to chase them up with it...

*Disclaimer: All food ratings are purely based on my own experiences and how I feel about the service, food and quality

Note: Will need to edit the dishes and prices when I next go to Chaddy...

Food/ Cuisine: Japanese Sushi & Teppanyaki bar
Dining Style: Cafe
Overall Food Rating (Based on the Dining style): 5/10
Restaurant ambiance: 5/10 (Your view is either Michel's Pâtisserie or the Fish and Meat Butcher or the Coffee Shop and Bakery
Service/ Attitude: 4/10
Value for money: 5/10 (I can get better quality food for lesser the price... but it is Chadstone after all...)

Address:
Ground Floor
Chadstone Shopping Centre
1341 Chadstone Road
Chadstone VIC 3141

Tel:(03) 9569 9869

Yume is open
Mon - Weds: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Thurs - Fri: 9.00am - 9.00pm
Sat: 9.00am - 5.00pm and
Sun: 10am - 5.00pm


How to get there:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this with your friends!

Popular Posts