Saturday 1 August 2009

Golden Dragon Palace @ Doncaster, Victoria

Woke up early to start baking Banana Bread for their royal Highness's... the Boy had already left early as he had to go service the car...

My Banana Bread didn't turn out as great as I wanted it to... or as delicious as the last time I did it... I don't know where I went off... But the Royal Highness's liked it and they finished up their servings!



I take that as a good sign!

After an extremely LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Distraction... Thanks Boys. It was hard work!!! (I am being extremely sarcastic here!)...

We set off as planned (after calling and apologising in my mangled canto) to Golden Dragon Palace...

Now.. I've written about this place before but haven't done a proper review for them.

And somehow.. the second time round felt like a let down... You know how when you have something really good once.. and then when you next return to it, it's not as Fantastic as you remembered it to be?

WELL, that's how it was with me for this occasion.

The restaurants lay-out.. they have massive vases all around their area.



We sat there the first time we came here. See how massive the chairs are? They're really heavy and hard to drag on the carpet.



The MUST have dish... "Wu Kok" delicious!!



Fish ball curry (Unknown to me, BFF's boy is not a great fan of pork - which made it really hard for a yumcha session)

I didn't actually try this, I had tastier morsels to devour!



Glutinous Rice.. this was so-so



This was a cute version of the normal fried bean curd with prawn... and it came with it's own dish of mayo...



Prawn Dumpling (Har Kow)



Pork Dumpling (Siu Mai)



I have no idea what this is (Upon inspection, it revealed pork and corn)



Scallop Rice Noodle? - I have no idea what it is in English... "Tai Chi Cheong Fun"






Overall Food Rating: 7/10
Restaurant ambiance: 7.5/10
Value for money: 7.5/10


Location:
363 Manningham Road,
Lower Templestowe (Down the road from Westfield Doncaster)
VIC 3107

Tel: (03) 9852 4086 / 9852 4087
f: (03) 9852 4083

How to get there:

View Larger Map

Golden Dragon Palace on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this with your friends!

Popular Posts