Tuesday 29 September 2009

Block M @ Little Bourke Street (& Queen), Melbourne



Working in the city, it's a challenge to find affordable good places to eat. Most of the time, we resort to cooking from home and bringing in lunch to work.

Sometimes, I just can't be bothered. So I put on my jacket and pray that the sun is shining (it being Melbourne and all) and take a walk and try my chances...



That's how I happened upon Block M.

I like Indonesian food, as it is quite similar to Malaysian food. And when I saw this restaurant tucked away in between Queen and Elizabeth, I had to go in.



They have a medium sized range menu... with most of the food being beef (ox tail soup seemed popular).

I wanted something simple and fast, so I ordered Nasi Goreng Kambing (Lamb fried rice - not goat)...



It came in a larger than life take away plastic container ($9.50) and a coupon to bring in when you return for your next meal (to receive a free Teh Kotak "Jasmine Tea")



Look at how much there is!!! I actually ate it for both lunch and dinner, as it was so much!



It also came with complimentary crackers ;)



I came back the following week and ordered Mee Goreng Kambing (which I forgot to take a picture of)...

Much preferred the Nasi Goreng... it was really really really good.. and I am sort of mad on Fried Rice... so when I say it's good, it's bloody brilliant!!!!

NOTE: A lot of people do takeaways, and there are a good mix of customers (majority being Indonesians and international students)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this with your friends!

Popular Posts