Saturday 11 July 2009

Banana Pancake Recipe

What I would like to have eaten today, but was too lazy to put any effort into it was grilled prawns and pork see images below!




The Boy is grumpy at me, because I didn't feel like cooking or ordering in Pizza...

He's now watching the final James Bond before Pierce Brosnan comes in... License to Kill.. and I'm out here all on my own... fantasizing about a good dinner...

And at the moment, I <3 Facebook more and more!!... I've found one of my best friends from primary school.. or she's found me!! And I'm sooo happy!! I have been out of contact with her since standard 6!! That's nearly 15 years ago!! Anyways... I made banana pancakes instead... I wanted to do the Penang Banana Pancakes... (if you read this blog, and know the Penang shop near the jetty that does this... you should know what I'm on about)... So anyways, I just called my mum and told her that I attempted the pancakes, and she kindly responded.. "Oh I also forgot to mention, that you need to do this and that and this.... I watched when the lady cook the pancakes!" Now she tells me!!! Oh well.. it turned out more ang moh then Penang.. but passable... I'll make modifications as I go along (in the next round) La Ingredients...

 

Whisk the egg and add in about 1/4 cup of milk...



In a separate bowl, add in 1/2 cup of self-raising flour, 2 tsp of brown sugar, and a pinch of salt



Mix it altogether until you form a smooth consistency



Slice some bananas... Pisang Raja would be ideal.. but since I'm in a foreign land... I have to make do with giant bananas *ahem*



Place about 1/4 cup of mixture into a hot frying pan



Sprinkle sesame seeds, sultanas (raisins) and the slice bananas generously, and then flip it over...



Yummmmy!!... Although it was still slightly thicker than the Penang version.. haih...



I wanna go home and on a FOOD road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this with your friends!

Popular Posts