Thursday 9 July 2009

Stir-Fry Hokkien Noodles (Mee) with Salted Roast Pork

Tee Hee Hee... I did forget to post up, "What to do with overly salted roast pork".

Now... what I did was I sliced them up really thinly, as you can see below and used it in my Stir-Fry Hokkien Mee (Apologies in advance for the multitude of pictures!)

Here are the 1st part of the ingredients:
Chicken Stock, 1 Carrot, Kai Lan (Kale), Sliced Pork, and 5 peeled/shelled prawns



Here we have, 5 prawns (in their shells), garlic (3 cloves), 1 shallot and sliced ginger



This is the Hokkien Mee... the packaging asks for you to place it submerged for 2 whole minutes in boiling hot water...

DO NOT follow instructions, instead, just let it sit in tepid water.

The instructions seems to have been for people who just wanted to stir through some ingredients with the noodles and not cook it



The noodles after sitting in water and separated with chopsticks..



For the sauce, I mainly just used Sesame Oil (1 tsp), Thick Soya Sauce (1tbsp), Oyster Sauce (1 tbsp), Pepper and Light Soy Sauce (to taste)



Firstly, heat up some oil into the pan and add in the 1tsp of sesame oil. I find this helps to bring out the flavour of the oils.

Then add in the shallot, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until it becomes soft and starts to brown slightly.



Add in the shelled prawns




Once the prawns start to cook, add in the other ingredients (Kai Lan, sliced pork, shelled prawns, and carrot)



Whilst mixing the ingredients, add in the sauces and about 1/4 cup of chicken stock and mix thoroughly



Add in the noodles and stir-fry for 1 minute and then set aside.



I wanted to have some form of "chiffon egg" effect for this dish.

So into the pan went 1/4 cup of chicken stock.

Once the stock starts to heat up, crack 2 eggs and mix it in with the stock (this should take less than 1 minute)



Pour over the noodles and serve!!




I MUST admit, these were one of the best attempts of noodles I've ever made and would give most restaurants a run for their money ^_^

I also (forgot to take pictures of, but the Boy insisted on telling me 3 times that my fried rice was very good), using the same ingredients (minus chiffon egg, chicken stock and noodles), I replicated the dish as a fried rice and it was BRILLIANT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this with your friends!

Popular Posts